Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Gaming Memories


Another childhood gaming memory I have is of playing Aggravation with my mom’s family.  They weren’t big into gaming. Well not in the same way my dad’s side is. My grandma does play Bridge though.

Aggravation was… well so aggravating. But it was fun. And the game could accommodate a lot of people, which meant more fun. When I was little we would play it all the time with Grandma, sometimes Grandpa. Sometimes we would even get to drink tea from one of Grandma’s special tea cups. It was great. Sure we played Yahtzee too, but Aggravation always stuck in my mind.  Over the years the Aggravation board became well loved.

A few years ago I had taken a trip to NYC. I happened upon a flee market, where I found an unused 1954 (?- it was 50 something) copy of Aggravation!!! OMG!! I gave it to them as a present for the 50th Wedding Anniversary! Sure I only paid $5 for it (now that I think about it should have haggled him down to $3), but the price did not matter. It was what the game represented. It was all those family memories.    

No comments:

Post a Comment