Friday, July 6, 2012

The Lady, The Myth, The Legend

The Lady: I have been board gaming every since I was born. Well I'm pretty sure that is not quite the case, but ever since I could roll dice. I have attended a board gaming convention every year since I was young. My father and my uncles are the ones who got me into board gaming.  I have already requested to have my father's games willed to me when he dies. (Morbid... I know). Board Gamer for Life... and Death!

The Myth: There are many gaming myths in my family.  My favorite is the story that I am a board gamer because when I was a baby my father would read my the rules to games (new and loved) while I sat in the crook of his knee. It's a cute story. And it's probably true. (I only say probably because I don't remember it.)

The Legend: As with family gaming myths, there are also many family gaming legends. I like the one where my first year of attending the board gaming convention I came in second to the designer of the game in the tournament. That's pretty damn good for a kid.

Administrative
In an attempt to create an empire and spread the word of gaming you should follow me everywhere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment