Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Can you date a non-gamer?


Fortunately I have converted BF to be a gamer, so this is a non-issue. It is still an interesting thing to consider though. Could I date a non-gamer?

I always try to introduce games slowly, as to not scare off the potential BFs. Sometimes they like it, or even fall in love with gaming. Other times they find it too much.  I think the latter cases it would be hard to date them. Gaming is a big part of my life, and a big part of what my family enjoys doing. I don’t think that means non-gamers are automatically screwed in their efforts to date me, but it does put them at a real disadvantage.

I think the bigger factor is if they could date a gamer. Could they handle me going to a game convention for a week? Could they handle me spending lots of money on new games? (Some ladies buy shoes; I buy games!) Or wanting to hang out with other gamers to game? If they can, then it probably has a chance of working out.

I am grateful that my BF is a gamer. Then again I’m into nerds, so I really did not have to try that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment