Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Gaming at TCEP

Over Labor Day Weekend I attended TCEP in Laurel, MD. Below is an overview of the new games I learned.

Eclipse: This space exploration and combat game is the "it game". Although I enjoyed both games I played, the replay value might be limited. Sure there are several different alien races and the humans. The title board also changes. Plus it is an extremely long game. Overall I enjoyed the game, but don't see it on my regular purchase and/or play list.

Ora et Labora: I'll cover more on this Uwe Rosenburg worker placement game in my next blog post focusing on Agricola, Le Havre and At the Gates of Loyang.

Village: This morbid game focuses on killing your family certain locations to get the most points. The game also features an interesting mechanic of deciding on your actions by removing a goods cube, sort of the opposite of worker placement games. Overall I really enjoyed this game. It actually a lot more strategic than it looks on the surface. I would definitely play and purchase this game.

Vinhos: Portuguese for wines, Vinhos is a wine making worker placement game. Do you focus on making one/ two good wines, or several lesser ones? Gain points by exporting, selling and showing your wines at the wine points. Overall I really enjoyed this game. As with many worker placement games, it is on the longer side. This game also makes the play and purchase list b

7 Wonders Cities: This is the latest expansion for 7 Wonders. We actually played this in combination with Leaders. Cities adds a new type of card- black. Debit is also added via some of the black cards. Two new wonders are also added. We did not end up playing the new team rules, though personally I cannot imagine playing with more people than 7! That seems like it would be too crowded. Overall I enjoyed this expansion. It not only works well with Leaders, it introduces elements to 7 Wonders without breaking the game.

Sorry I have fallen behind on my game blogging; sometimes life gets in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment