Sunday, September 30, 2012

Learning New Games

How do you learn new games?

Some are better at just reading through rules in order. Unfortunately rules are not always written in the best order to learn the games. If I am reading the rules in my head its fine, but if it's out loud the my brain reads faster than I can talk.

On the flip side, there is listening to someone explaining the rules. For me, the best way to learn a game is to be taught be someone who knows the game well and can "show and tell". If this is not an option then I do better with verbal directions supplemented by visual diagrams from the rules. Is you are listening to someone literally read through the rules, then I have a time limit on what I can absorb before everything starts running together.

No comments:

Post a Comment