Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Could President Obama Become a Gamer?

My BF and I talk about how we think President Obama could become a gamer. Politics aside (not that I'm against talking about it, but because this is a gaming blog and a celebration of nerdom we'll avoid it), President Obama does represent nerdom well being that he is an intellectual president. He's interest in Harry Potter and other nerdy things does make me want to launch a campaign to teach him a board game or two (Then the question is which one? Small World? Carcassonne? Ticket to Ride?).

Of course there are some logistical issues behind trying to get the President into to gaming. For one how would you get him a game or two? If you send it to the White House, I doubt he'll get it. (DC Area people know these things; he wouldn't get it). Maybe the best way is to get a Senator involved in gaming first and then have them teach the President? Maybe Wil Wheaton needs to meet the President! Who knows?! Clearly we haven't figured out all the details yet.

If anyone has any ideas on how to introduce the President into gaming, let me know! I am certain once we taught him a game or two, he would be hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment