Tuesday, December 18, 2012

iOS Stone Age Review

On December 7th another iOS board game adaption was born. Campfire Creations created a seamless adaption of Stone Age, originally by Micael Tummelhofer.

Graphics: Awesome. Not too slow. No real glitches.

Sound & Music: I never play with sound or music only because I sometimes play in public and I don't want people on the bus or metro to look at me funny.

Tutorial: I already know how to play Stone Age, but I always play the tutorial just so I learn how to work the App. Overall I think the tutorial is good, but could use some pointers like this is how you see what you have and others have.

Game Play: True to the original game. Dice seem to be fair, unlike in Catan.

AIs: There are 3 AIs, Og, Mogg & Grogg. Grogg is the "hardest" AI, though as an avid Stone Age Player I have managed to defeated him on several occasions. The next App update says it will include more AIs. I hope they have skill levels and maybe a few more lady AIs.

Play Options: Stone Age features Solo, Pass-N-Pay & Online Multi Player via Game Center. Online play has two options Friendly and League. League has a 5 day time-out period. I have yet to play League, but it does intrigue me.

Overall I am very impressed with the first app by Campfire Creations. They have followed The Coding Monkey's Carcassonne Gold Standard of iOS board gaming adaption apps.





No comments:

Post a Comment